Friday, July 6, 2012

Mug Muffins -- Update

For this summer semester, I am not teaching classes on Fridays (because there aren't any classes offered on Fridays at all). And I like to have a little treat for the weekends. But don't worry, these are so easy that you can make them on any busy day. 

I've posted about Mug Muffins before. I still love them.

I mentioned in that post that Ashley at the Edible Perspective was the amazing creator of the Buckwheat Bakes. She mentioned (a while ago) that she had stopped using the flax egg, so I decided to try the Mug Muffin that way. 


The Ingredients:
1/2 banana, mashed
1 Tbs ground flax seed
1 tsp chia seed
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 Tbs carob powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs water (or slightly more)

I use the huge mug you can see on the left in the picture above. First I mash the banana in the mug, then I add in all the dry ingredients and start to stir. Then I add the water and stir. The batter should be thick, but not dry. If it is too dry, I add a little more water. 

Then I put the mug in the microwave, cover it with a paper towel, and microwave it for 1 min 45 sec. When it is cooked, I dump it out of the mug and let it cool. 

Optional Add-ins:
Raisins
Nuts
You could trade the spices for other spices



For breakfast, I cut it into slices and topped it with almond butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment