Monday, July 16, 2012

Juicy Monday -- Beet Red Juice

I wish you a Juicy Monday. Yeah, that title sounds a little inappropriate, but I'm having too much fun with it.

I am trying to have some good variety in my juices, so I have another one for you today. I must admit that I think last week's Salsa Juice is my favorite, but this one is also good.



I poured this juice into the turquoise travel mug, so I took a picture before I poured it in so you could actually see the color. This juice has beets in it, so it is a great vibrant red color. Beautiful colors are so healthy.

Beet Red Juice
1 beet with leaves (I had two teeny tiny beets, so I used both of them)
1 carrot
1 celery
5 dandelion leaves
1 bunch parsley
1/2 or whole green apple (Usually I just use a half of a green apple, but today's apple was a little small, so I used the whole thing)

Just a note: If you are new to juicing and eating a big variety of vegetables, use a whole green apple. It cuts the beet flavor of this juice and makes it much more palatable.

As always, the directions are to wash the vegetables and run them through the juicer. Drink immediately (this way you'll get the most nutrients.)

No comments:

Post a Comment