Monday, July 23, 2012

Juicy Monday -- Carrot Juice

Time for another Juicy Monday. I hope that juicing makes you feel as good as it makes me feel. Although sometimes it is a struggle for me to think about juicing and I don't love cleaning out the juicer, I do love the juice.



I hope that you can see that vibrant orange color, even in my travel mug. I juiced this up, poured it in my travel mug, and headed off to the gym. It's just long enough of a drive for me to drink the whole thing by the time I get there. I should rephrase that, it's a drive with enough stoplights for me to have time to drink the whole thing by the time I get there.

Carrot Juice
5 carrots
1/2 or 1 whole green apple
1 slice of ginger root

A flavor note: the ginger root will add quite a punch. You do not need much and it can get quite overwhelming if you use too much. Start small -- less than a half-inch piece of ginger. You don't need to peel the ginger at all, just let the juicer do the work.

As always, wash the produce and run it through the juicer. Drink it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment