Sunday, April 3, 2011

Microwaved Mug Muffins

Millet Mug Muffin


Buckwheat Mug Muffin

I came across the blog Edible Perspective a few weeks ago. I was surprised to find what Ashley calls "Buckwheat Bakes." I discovered that with just a few tweaks, I could eat these!

They are basically muffins, and so you can imagine how excited I was. It has been so long since I have made or eaten muffins.

And the other appealing feature is this makes one single serving that can be cooked in the microwave. And they taste good.

Mug Muffins
1 flax egg = 2 1/2 tbs boiling water + 1 tbs ground flax
1/2 banana, mashed
2 tbs water
1/4 buckwheat flour or millet flour
1 tbs carob powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp chia seeds
handful of raisins (optional)

Here's how I do it:
Put the 2 1/2 tbs water in a large mug and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the 1 tbs flax and let it gel for a minute.
Meanwhile, mash up the banana. (I do this on a plate -- yes, one more dish)
Then add everything to the mug and stir really well.
Cover the mug with a paper towel and microwave it for 1 min 45 sec or 2 full minutes.

Then I just eat it straight out of the mug with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment