Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tomato Soup

If you've taken a look around my blog, you might notice my deep and abiding love for soup. And muffins. Sadly, the way I eat these days, I don't make muffins the way I used to. (I do still make Mug Muffins once a week). But soup is still there for me.

Except that it is 105 degrees. Is it that hot where you are? From what I see on the national weather, it is that hot everywhere, and has been for a while. I'm not going to complain about the weather, but it sure makes soup sound unappetizing.

Unless it's this soup -- which is served cold or room temperature. Genius!



This soup comes from Marcus Samuelsson's website. I don't follow a lot of "real" or restaurant chefs, because in looking at some of their blogs, the food is seriously complicated. Not a bad thing, just not great for my everyday life. But I loved Marcus Samuelsson on Top Chef, so when I saw this simple soup, I pinned it to try later.

And I'm glad I did.

Now, as I look at the site, I have no idea who came up with this recipe, and it totally doesn't matter. Because good food is just good food.



Five Minute Tomato Basil Soup
From Marcus Samuelsson

My changes to the ingredients:
I left out the celery -- inadvertently. I thought I had more in the fridge than I did, so I didn't buy more at the store. Oops.
I blended up this soup and ate the first bowl. It was delicious, but I was curious about adding some heat. So I tossed half a jalapeno in the second half and blended it up. It was lovely without being really hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment