Friday, August 24, 2012

Tofu-Feta Watermelon Salad

Oh, summer. And sadly it is coming to a close. But there is still time for this delicious summer salad.

So floating all over the internets this summer (I think it's funnier when internet is plural, don't you? Like monies), were pictures and recipes for watermelon feta salad. I love watermelon, and I really wanted to try the salad. But feta -- as a dairy product -- is a total no-go for me. And I don't get upset about that, I just move on.

Until I found Kathy's recipe for Tofu-Feta Watermelon Salad. Tofu marinated to be feta-ish! (I made up that word and it sounds a little wrong. But go with me).

Tofu-Feta Watermelon Salad
My changes to the ingredients
I left out the cayenne pepper and the nutritional yeast (I haven't started buying nutritional yeast, even though I hear it talked about in so many vegan recipes).
And in the marinade I used used rice vinegar.


Marinating the Tofu


Special Ingredient -- I had to ask for help finding this. It was in the refrigerator section.


Prepping the Salad -- Ready with the Watermelon and Basil


The Finished Product


I will definitely be making this again. And now that I've found it, miso will be a regular player in my house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment