Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Lentils and Rice with Carmelized Onions

I'm still having a lot of fun cooking out of my brand new cookbooks. The second book that I bought is Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

I tried one of their recipes this week, and I quite enjoyed it. Although when I make it again I will be making a few little tweaks.

The Recipe is Red Lentils and Rice with Carmelized Onions.


The carmelized onions are absolutely the best part.

And this is the final dish.

It really is very tasty, but I have to be honest. I like red lentils so much plain that this is just not my favorite way to use red lentils. And of course, because I am slightly cheap, I would rather use cheaper regular old lentils because they would work perfectly here.

I'll post my adaptation when I make this dish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment