Monday, February 14, 2011

Cinnamon Bananas


I love to read food blogs, but I haven't actually been reading a variety of food blogs for that long. So I am fascinated to see the cycles that the entire food blog world seems to go through.

Right after Christmas, all the blogs started a "Healthy" or "Detox" kick. Everyone was posting soups, salads, smoothies, etc. Then, almost as quickly as that started, they moved into a "Superbowl Sunday" phase. All the food was chicken wings and pizza and all kinds of dips. And now, it is all Valentine's day. Everything is chocolate and red or pink.

Despite my super cute little hand towel up there that says "Love," this will not fit into the category of a Valentine's recipe. I just thought it was cute.

This was my dessert today and I ate it for breakfast.

I had a super super mushy banana. It was even beyond the point at which I would just eat it. Normally I would just throw it into the freezer and use it later in pancakes or a smoothie. But today I decided to do something a little different.

Sauteed Banana
1 overripe banana, sliced in large pieces
drizzle of oil
cinnamon

Heat a small sautee pan and put a very small drizzle of oil in. Barely enough to coat the bottom. Then put in the bananas and cover liberally with cinnamon. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.

This makes the banana warm, super sweet, and a little caramel-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment