Monday, February 28, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bake


I had a rough day on Friday, and on Saturday I decided to bake. I don't know if you have noticed this trend on my blog lately, but I haven't baked any baked goods in quite a while. The green diet, particularly the no corn, is making my love for muffins harder to fulfill.

I came across this recipe by Ashley at the Edible Perspective. I think I read through it two or three times before I really believed that this was a baked good with no milk -- or replacement/fake milk -- no eggs, and no baking powder.

This was something I had to try. ... With modifications.

I used Ashley's suggestion of millet flour in place of the chickpea flour. It was my first time working with millet flour, and it's good. It may have made this slightly more dry than the chickpea flour would, but it held together.

Cinnamon Raisin Bake
Adapted from the Edible Perspective

3/4 C millet flour
1/2 C buckwheat flour
1/2 t salt
1T sucanat or pure cane sugar (I left this out entirely. It would taste much better with it)
1 C water
1.5 t cinnamon
2 T safflower oil
1/2 C raisins

Preheat oven to 375.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well until fully combined.
Grease a 9×9 square pan [or 8-9” round pan].
If using the sq. pan bake for 35min.

No comments:

Post a Comment