Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tempeh and Broccoli

One of the unusual things about my restrictive diet is the recommendation to eat more tofu. Since I basically never ate tofu before, any amount is "more." And it's also an adventure to try some different things.

I have read different recipes and articles and mostly tofu is stir-fried. I have also read about this stuff called tempeh. It is fermented soybeans and some contend that it is better for you than regular tofu. I decided to try it, and I like it because it is not as mushy as tofu is.


Tempeh and Broccoli
1 block of tempeh, cubed
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
1 tbs oil
salt

Put a large frying pan on high heat. Get it really hot and pour in the oil. You want enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
Add the tempeh, and cook until it starts browning and getting a little crispy around the edges.
Add the broccoli. You may need to add a little more oil. Cook the broccoli until it turns bright green and even gets some darkening.
Season with salt.

You could serve this over rice or on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment