Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

Since it's time for fall, I decided pumpkin muffins would be good. Now I know, I already have a pumpkin muffin recipe. But unfortunately that one is not working with my restrictive diet. So I just modified this zucchini muffin recipe slightly.

(Secretly, I think it's better with pumpkin).

As you saw in the last post, I bought a pie pumpkin and roasted and pureed it myself. I used that for this recipe. I can't find canned pumpkin in the stores yet.


Pumpkin Muffins
1 cup pureed pumpkin (this was my entire pie pumpkin)
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
2 tbs almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 3 tbs almond flour
3 tbs coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment