Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

Sunday night I was supposed to have a group of people over for dinner. They failed and dinner didn't happen.

Let me rephrase. The eating of dinner didn't happen. I spent all morning making it, so dinner did happen. Actually I ate some this week, but tossed the bulk of it in the freezer. Now I am thinking it will be perfect on Sunday when my sister is in town. Yay!

I wanted to make enchiladas because they are a quick fix before hand and easy to heat up when we are finally ready to eat. But I was very concerned that my friends would not like the sweet potatoes in my sweet potato and black bean enchiladas.

So I modified that recipe and here is what I got:
Chicken, Rice and Black Bean Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce (but for short, let's call them chicken enchiladas)
(Go back to Karina's Kitchen for the original recipe. She really is fabulous).

Green Chile Sauce
1 cup chicken broth (I always use Rachel Ray's stock in a box, or Pacifica Foods brand)
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water
1 7 oz. can chopped roasted green chiles (I get mine for $0.98 at Walmart)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin

No comments:

Post a Comment