Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baking Class

This is the scene from Elf, where Buddy comes in to the office and spins around, "I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"

Yup, that's what I'm saying now.

I took my very first cooking class today. I loved it! It was called "Gluten-free Desserts." It was so fun to be in a room of 24 gluten-free people, who all started talking and sharing ideas on how to modify recipes.

The class was mostly a demonstration, but so much better than watching Food Network, because the teacher explained how to do everything. She talked about techniques, ingredients, and tools.

And then we ate.

I've been gluten-free for almost 4 years now. I just have to say, I haven't put a dessert that good in my mouth in the last 5 years. Wow.

I'm going to spend some time modifying and seeing if I can make these recipes sugar free too. Then I'll post and share. I feel inspired by the teacher because she talked about how baking is just about chemistry, and you just replace things based on what effect you want. So I'm sure I can make changes and come up with something pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment