Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Menu Plan and Bean Salad

I sat down on Sunday night and made a menu plan for the week. I actually visited a new doctor and she gave me a new diet plan. Little did I know that this would be such an exercise in frustration. When she gave me the new plan, I thought, oh, that's not such a big deal. But as I was planning, I decided that I needed to rely on my tried and true favs rather than searching the whole wide internet for new recipes that met the requirements.

I began going through my blog archive. (Which is exactly the point of keeping a blog, no?)

Yeah, my new dietary plan eliminates almost 3/4 of the recipes on this site.

However, I did find plenty of good food to eat and (as usual) wound up totally overplanning for the week.

Menu Plan
Rice and Peas Risotto -- modifications: no cheese, no stock
Bean Salad
Mashed Cauliflower
Muesili grains
And of course I have tons of greens and veggies to make salads

I made the bean salad last night, so I will go ahead and put that recipe here. I started with a good recipe and made some major modifications. It is still good.

Bean Salad
Adapted from Meghan Telpner

2 1/2 cups frozen green beans
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
3-4 tbs olive oil
Juice from 1 whole lemon
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a large bowl and let it chill overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment