Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blueberry Banana Muffins

And my muffin obsession continues into the new year.

Have I showed you my new muffin "tin" yet? It's the sillicon type. And it's better because it is red.


I made some muffins while I was at home and saw that my Mom had frozen blueberries in the freezer. I tossed them in my muffins, but because of the flour mix, they weren't the best muffins ever.

After pondering ingredients for a while, I decided that blueberries and bananas would go well together. So here is my recipe for gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free blueberry banana muffins.

I'm linking this to Amy's Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.



Blueberry Banana Muffins

1/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk
2 super ripe mashed bananas
2 cups gluten free flour (this time I used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xantham gum
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries

Mix the wet ingredients together (including the banana as a wet ingredient). Then add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Make sure that the batter is runny, more like pancake batter.
Bake for 20 min. at 400 degrees.
Makes about 15 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this out not too long ago (with some minor mods based on what I had in my kitchen) and they were great!! I love that I can make muffins without sugar or sweetener and they taste delish!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete