Monday, August 10, 2009

It all depends on what she cooks like.

Last week my parents and littlest sister came to visit me, and I tried to do good dinners for them. Of course, I realized at the end of their stay, that most people would consider me a terrible host for not taking them out for Kansas City Barbeque.

But that's not really my thing.

And they were happy enough that I fed them ice cream.

They all particularly enjoyed a recipe that I got from a friend. She said her husband rated it a 9 out of 10, and it is gluten free. I made no major alterations to this one - the only substitution was I used gluten free soy sauce. Honestly, I probably would have just omitted that, but I bought gluten free soy sauce for another recipe like 6 months ago. And I still have the whole bottle.

The recipe is called Apricot Chicken with Cashews and is from the Taste of Home magazine/website.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have a recipe I would like you to try.

    Rice Chicken Pizza
    - rice bread
    - garlic
    - onion - sliced/chopped
    - sweet pepper - sliced/chopped
    - chicken - chopped into strips


    Buy Rice Bread (or make some). It should look like a french bread loaf, but softer.

    Roast garlic in a frying pan with olive oil (crack open the garlic)
    Add onions and sweet peppers
    Then add chicken strips
    Saute over low heat, with olive oil and salt
    Toss a lot
    Then put the mix on the bread, and bake the bread until it looks toasty

    Then enjoy the pizza

    ReplyDelete