Sunday, December 12, 2010

Menu Plan

Last week (the one right after Thanksgiving) I did not do a good job of planning. I had some unexpected meetings at work, and so all my planning time was taken up. It made it a harder week.

So for this week, I sat down and planned really well. I made a list of what I would eat on each day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Then I made a shopping list based on all of that. Then I realized there were only 12 days until I get to go home for Christmas, so I bought enough food for 3 rotations (it's a four day rotation).

Here's the plan:

Day 1
Breakfast: soymilk. banana.
Lunch: black eyed peas w/ rosemary. carrots
Dinner: cod. or tofu and sardines
Snack: pistachios. carrots. banana.

Day 2
Breakfast: millet with cranberries
Lunch: brussels sprouts
Dinner: lentils. tuna steak.
Snack: hazelnuts. apple. cucumber

Day 3
Breakfast: lima beans
Lunch: sweet potato
Dinner: buckwheat pasta and tomato sauce
Snack: brazil nuts. kiwi

Day 4
Breakfast: okra
Lunch: shrimp
Dinner: rice and pumpkin or other roasted veggies
Snack: walnut. sunflower seeds. orange

No comments:

Post a Comment