Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Road Trip Snacks

I went on a road trip this weekend. I had to take a bunch of food with me, and I meant to take a picture of it. Unfortunately I forgot.

Usually road trip snacks look like this:

But of course I couldn't take anything like that. So here's my list:
Rice Snax crackers. These were actually pretty good.
Vegan "cheese." This was weird. And not at all cheese flavored.
Baby carrots
Celery sticks
Sliced cucumber sticks
Sliced zucchini sticks
Mixed nuts (I like the Archer Farms raw nuts blend. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios)
2 apples (Yay for being able to eat fruit!)
Almond butter (I had to explain to my friend that it is like peanut butter)
Hardboiled eggs
Rice salad
Bean salad

What makes this list so extensive is that I had to have food for breakfast and lunch when the rest of my group was having picnics. I knew they wouldn't provide anything that I could eat. So during the trip I ate the bean salad for lunch #1. I had an egg and apple for breakfast. Rice salad for lunch #2. And the rest just as we were driving.

Naturally this got a lot of attention. Sometimes that kind of attention gets annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment