Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ever been to a food rave?

To explain the title of this blog, fast forward to about minute 9. (Of course you will want to watch the whole clip, because the dancing lesson is just so funny).


And I should probably just explain the concept of this blog. In the current climate of recession/or something, I find myself surrounded by businesses that are cutting back, people who are cutting back, and a general attitude of doing less (hopefully for less money). People always seem to aim this toward food, and I have found myself caught in the desire to spend less money on food. So I am going to try to record my food journey.

Part of this is meant to be a realistic recording of numbers, so it's partly my attempt at budgeting (which I have never been very good at). And part of this is an exploration of recipes. The exploration of recipes comes with a caveat. I have food allergies. That's what I tell people, technically the medical profession would call them intolerances, because I don't think I am at a huge risk for anaphlyaxis shock, but with those foods my life would be extremely unpleasant. So I follow a strict gluten-free diet and in the last 9 months have also worked to eliminate sugar (with, admittedly, varying degrees of success). The caveat not only means that life is more interesting as far as a budget, but that the recipes you see here might be a little unusual. It also means that I have developed some ... not mainstream... ideas about food, processed food, where our food comes from, and what it does to us. I'm not preachy, and I'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. As in all things, we need to find what works for us.

And this is the story of my attempt to find what works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment