Thursday, April 7, 2011

Salsa


My favorite condiment in the world is salsa. I would happily put salsa on everything.

And so I decided on Friday night to make salsa. This picture is of my first version. I just made it with the stuff I had in the fridge. Then when I was grocery shopping I realized a couple of the things that would give it a little more color and pizazz. Because really, you might as well eat with pizazz.

Salsa
tomatoes -- half a box of cherry tomatoes or 2-3 roma tomatoes. Try to get some with some flavor.
1/4 red onion
1/4 green pepper
1 clove garlic
1/3 cucumber
the juice from 1/2 lime
small bunch of parsley or cilantro
salt
1 tbs olive oil

How I did it:
I chopped everything up in a small dice, as small as I could manage. I put it all in a bowl, squeeze the lime juice over it, added the salt and olive oil and then stirred it.

I let it sit in the fridge for a little while and it tasted even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment