Saturday, November 6, 2010

Breakfast Smoothie

At work I am part of a leadership group. One of our projects was taking the StrengthsQuest. This test tells you your 5 strengths so that you can begin to play to your strengths. One of mine is "Deliberative" which means I think very carefully about what information to share.

On a food blog that doesn't really play out as a strength!

So here I am disclosing more.


This is breakfast. It's a smoothie.

My morning smoothie required some adjustments after I got the results of my food allergy test.

Here is the recipe for now:
1 cup rice milk (this is feeling really watery to me, so next week I am trying regular soy milk)
1/4 cup walnuts
1 banana
1 leaf kale
1 leaf romaine lettuce
2 handfuls spinach
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs wheatgrass powder
dash of cinnamon
ice

According to my Runner's World magazine, this order that I have written the ingredients is the best order to put them in the blender. My blender is a little weak, so I load the food in and get it all ground up and then I add the ice. I also like my smoothies thick and milkshake-like, so I freeze the banana and then add a good amount of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment